This papaya salad recipe is a ringer for your favorite takeout Thai version.
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons (packed) palm sugar or golden brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried shrimp, chopped
- 3 Chinese long beans, halved crosswise or 15 green beans
- 1 1 1/2- to 1 3/4-pound green papaya, peeled, halved, seeded
- 10 large cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, very thinly sliced
- 1 fresh red Thai chile with seeds, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped salted peanuts
- Julienne peeler or box grater
Whisk first 5 ingredients in medium bowl. Set dressing aside.
Cook beans in medium saucepan of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Rinse under cold water. Cut into 2-inch pieces. Using julienne peeler, peel enough papaya to measure 6 cups. Place in large bowl. Add tomatoes, cilantro, green onions, chile, and green beans. Pour dressing over; toss. Sprinkle peanuts over and serve.