After making this tuna with aioli recipe, serve with: Steamed new potatoes and mixed green salad with a citrus vinaigrette. Dessert: A lemon tart from the bakery.
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 7-ounce tuna steaks (each about 1 inch thick)
Whisk together first 6 ingredients in shallow dish for marinade. Place mayonnaise in separate small bowl. Whisk in 1½ Tbsp. marinade. Set aioli aside.
Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Place fish in marinade in dish, turning to coat evenly. Marinate 1 hour at room temperature, turning fish occasionally.
Oil grill rack. Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Grill fish to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium. Top fish with aioli and serve.