Crispy, creamy, chewy, bright, and about a dozen other wonderful (see?) adjectives apply to this easy dinner. This recipe is part of the 2020 Healthyish Feel Good Food Plan, a ten-day headstart toward eating well all year long.
- 1½ lb. sweet potatoes (about 6 small or 3 medium), halved lengthwise
- 1 delicata squash, halved lengthwise, seeded, cut into 1"–2" pieces
- 7 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 14.5-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 bunch scallions, white and pale green parts cut into 1" pieces, dark green parts thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Plain yogurt and Aleppo-style pepper (for serving)
Preheat oven to 425°. Toss potatoes, squash, and 2 Tbsp. oil on a large rimmed baking sheet; season with salt. Arrange potatoes cut side down and roast until squash and potatoes are browned underneath and nearly tender, 25–30 minutes. Turn potatoes and squash, then add chickpeas, white and pale green scallion parts, and 1 Tbsp. oil to baking sheet. Shake pan well to coat chickpeas with oil. Continue to roast until chickpeas are crispy and vegetables are very tender, 10–12 minutes longer.
Meanwhile, whisk vinegar, sesame seeds, miso, soy sauce, 1 Tbsp. water, and remaining ¼ cup oil in a medium bowl until smooth.
Dollop yogurt onto plates. Top with vegetables, then drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with Aleppo-style pepper and dark green scallion parts.