- 14 tablespoons (1 3/4 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons plus 5 tablespoons (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 pounds medium-size Golden Delicious apples (about 5), peeled, cored, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
Preheat oven to 325°F. Using electric mixer, beat butter and 6 tablespoons sugar in medium bowl until fluffy. Beat in flour, cornstarch, cloves, and salt. Using fingertips, press shortbread topping until moist clumps form.
Toss apples, raisins, remaining 5 tablespoons sugar, and orange juice in large bowl, separating apple slices to coat evenly. Transfer filling to 11x7x2-inch glass baking dish; scatter topping over. Press to compact slightly.
Bake crumble until apples are tender and topping is golden brown, about 1 hour 5 minutes. Serve warm with Orange Ice Cream.