- 3 cups 1-inch cubes crustless country-style bread
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 small dried chiles de ábol
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled, flattened
- 1 pound broccoli crowns, cut into florets (about 7 cups)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Arrange bread on baking sheet. Bake until beginning to brown, about 12 minutes. Cool on sheet.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add chilies and garlic; sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add broccoli florets, 1/2 cup water, and bread. Cook uncovered until bread absorbs water and broccoli is crisp-tender, stirring often, about 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.