- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Perfect Pan-Roasted Chicken Thighs, fat from pan reserved
- 4 thick slices rustic bread, crusts removed, torn into 3/4' pieces
- 1 pound fresh cherries, stemmed, pitted, and lightly crushed
- 3 heads butter lettuce, cored and torn into pieces
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
Whisk first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir; set aside. Remove crispy chicken skin and tear into pieces. Pull chicken meat from bones and tear into pieces; discard bones. Reserve skin and meat.
Heat chicken fat in a large skillet over medium heat. Add bread to skillet and toast, turning frequently, until golden and crisp, about 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Season with salt and pepper while still hot.
Place chicken meat in a large bowl. Add cherries, butter lettuce, radishes, and chives and drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Divide salad among plates and garnish with croutons and chicken skin.