- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cups shredded green cabbage
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add cabbage and season with salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until light golden and crisp-tender, 7–8 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in chickpeas and 2 Tbsp. water; cook until beans are warmed through and all liquid is absorbed, about 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt. Stir in peppercorns and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute. Transfer to a serving platter and squeeze lemon juice over to taste. Sprinkle with Parmesan.