- 16 ounces Spanish-style chorizo or linguiça, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 14-ounce can low-salt chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen peas with pearl onions
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion
- 1/3 cup sliced pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh marjoram
Heat oil in large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add chorizo and sauté until golden, about 5 minutes. Add rice; stir to coat with oil. Add broth and water, then peas and onions; stir to mix. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer about 15 minutes. Stir in tomatoes with juices, olives, and marjoram. Cover and simmer until rice is tender and most of liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes longer. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.