- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 heads Treviso or other radicchio, each cut into 8 wedges with some core attached
- 1 head escarole, torn into large pieces (about 10 cups)
- 2 oz. ricotta salata (salted dry ricotta) or feta, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
Preheat oven to 350°. Spread out pecans on a rimmed baking sheet and toast, tossing once, until fragrant, 8–10 minutes; let cool. Pulse ½ cup pecans in a food processor until coarsely ground; whisk with Citrus Vinaigrette in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over high heat until it begins to shimmer. Season radicchio with salt and pepper. Add radicchio to skillet. Cook, turning until both cut sides are golden brown and wilted, 2–3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let cool slightly.
Place escarole in a large bowl; drizzle with some of the dressing and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving platter and tuck radicchio wedges into salad. Spoon remaining dressing over. Top salad with cheese and remaining ¼ cup pecans.