- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 1½-inch-thick rib-eye steaks (about 1 pound each)
Mix butter, garlic, chives, parsley, and cognac in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill at least 20 minutes.
Prepare grill for medium-high heat. Generously rub steaks with salt and pepper. Grill steaks to desired doneness, about 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Cut each steak in half, top with spoonful of reserved chilled butter, and serve.