- 12 large dried shiitake mushrooms
- 3 cups thinly sliced Nappa cabbage
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 14 green onions; 12 halved lengthwise and cut on diagonal into 2-inch lengths, 2 chopped
- 1 1-pound package fresh thin Chinese egg noodles or one 12-ounce package dried Chinese egg noogles
- 1/3 cup oriental sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 3 hard-boiled eggs; 2 thinly sliced, 1 chopped for garnish
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Place mushrooms in medium bowl; add enough boiling water to cover. Let stand until mushrooms soften, about 45 minutes. Drain mushrooms. Cut off stems and discard; thinly slice caps.
Heat peanut oil in heavy large wok or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add cabbage, ginger, garlic, and mushrooms. Stir-fry until cabbage wilts, about 2 minutes. Add 2-inch green onion pieces; toss until green tops begin to wilt, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Mix in 1 tablespoon soy sauce.
Cook noodles in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain well; place in large bowl. Whisk sesame oil, next 3 ingredients, and 2 tablespoons soy sauce in small bowl. Add to noodles. Add sliced eggs, 3/4 cup cilantro, and cabbage mixture; toss to blend well. Season with salt and pepper. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill, tossing occasionally.
Sprinkle salad with 2 chopped green onions, chopped egg, and remaining 1/4 cup cilantro and serve.