Inspired by the quintessential version served at Curra’s Grill in Austin. Trust us, it’s good!
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest, divided
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons tequila blanco
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Toss salt and 1 tsp. lime zest on a small plate. Rub the rim of each margarita glass with lime wedge and dip into salt mixture.
Purée avocado, tequila, triple sec, lime juice, cilantro, cayenne, remaining 1 tsp. lime zest, and 2½ cups ice, preferably crushed, in a blender until smooth.
Divide among prepared glasses and garnish each with a lime wheel.