Meyer Lemon Curd
- 1/3 cup fresh Meyer lemon juice or regular fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (packed) finely grated Meyer lemon peel or regular lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon (generous) coarse kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 3/4 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons (packed) finely grated Meyer lemon peel or regular lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons chilled heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
- Mixed Citrus 'Marmalade' (see recipe)
Meyer Lemon Curd
Whisk eggs, egg yolks, sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel, and coarse salt in medium metal bowl to blend well. Set bowl over saucepan of simmering water (do not allow bottom of bowl to touch water). Whisk constantly until mixture thickens and instant-read thermometer inserted into mixture registers 170°F to 172°F, 5 to 6 minutes (do not allow to boil). Remove bowl from over water. Whisk butter into curd, 2 to 3 cubes at a time, allowing butter to melt before adding more and whisking until curd is smooth. Press plastic wrap directly onto surface of curd and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and coarse salt in medium bowl to blend well. Stir in lemon peel. Add butter cubes and rub in with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 1 cup cream and stir just until dough begins to clump together. Gather dough together. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and press out to 7-inch round (about 1 inch thick). Using 2 1/4-inch-diameter cookie cutter dipped into flour, cut out rounds. Reshape dough scraps and cut out additional dough rounds for total of 8.
Transfer biscuits to prepared baking sheet, spacing 1 inch apart. Brush top of biscuits with remaining 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream; sprinkle with raw sugar. Bake until biscuits are golden and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Transfer biscuits to rack and cool completely.
Using electric mixer, beat 1 cup cream and 2 tablespoons sugar in medium bowl until peaks form.
Cut biscuits horizontally in half. Place bottom half of each biscuit on plate. Top each with 1 heaping tablespoon lemon curd, then generous spoonful of Mixed Citrus 'Marmalade.' Top with whipped cream topping. Cover each with top half of biscuit. Dust shortcakes with powdered sugar.