- 4 1/2 pounds 3-inch-long beef short ribs
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 6-ounce package sliced button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 6 fresh Italian parsley sprigs
Sprinkle ribs with coarse salt and pepper. Place in even layer in slow cooker. Add next 7 ingredients, cover, and cook on low heat until meat is tender, about 8 hours
Using slotted spoon, transfer ribs to serving bowl. Discard parsley and bay leaves. Spoon fat off top of sauce and pour sauce over ribs. Serve with bread.