A palate-cleansing fennel salad to balance rich pork and hearty sides.
- 3 small fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- 6 celery stalks, thinly sliced on a diagonal
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced into rings
- ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, very coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup celery leaves, very coarsely chopped (optional)
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Toss fennel, celery, shallot, parsley, celery leaves, if using, and half of pomegranate seeds in a large bowl. Drizzle with lime juice and oil and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with remaining pomegranate seeds.