- 1/2 cup raw shelled sunflower seeds
- 2 cups (packed) arugula leaves
- 1 cup (packed) fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Rinse sunflower seeds, put in a small bowl or jar, and add cold water to cover seeds by 1 inch. Cover; soak overnight at room temperature. Drain and rinse seeds.
Purée sunflower seeds, garlic, arugula, basil, oil, honey, and lemon zest and juice until smooth. Season with salt. Thin pesto with water if too thick.