- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 large heads of Belgian endive, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 8 tablespoons freshtly grated Parmesan cheese (about 2 ounces)
- Chopped toasted hazelnuts
Heat olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and stir 30 seconds. Add endive, cut side down. Add wine and broth and bring to boil. Cover and cook 5 minutes. Using tongs, turn endive over. Cover and cook until crisp-tender, about 1 minute longer. Remove skillet from heat. Using tongs, lift endive from skillet, draining liquid from each back into skillet, and transfer 2 halves, cut side up, to each of 4 plates. Add vinegar to skillet; cook over medium heat until sauce reduces slightly, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper; spoon over endive. Sprinkle each salad with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, then hazelnuts and chives.