- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 amaretti cookies (Italian macaroons),* coarsely crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
Bring milk to simmer in heavy small saucepan. Whisk sugar, cocoa powder and cornstarch in heavy medium saucepan to blend. Gradually whisk in hot milk. Whisk over medium heat until mixture comes to boil, thickens and is smooth, about 4 minutes. Remove mixture from heat; let stand 2 minutes. Whisk in vanilla and almond extracts.
Divide pudding among four 3/4-cup soufflé dishes or custard cups. Refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours. DO AHEAD Can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated. Sprinkle with crumbled amaretti and serve.