- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 2 cups roughly torn bite-size pieces French bread
- 1/4 cup assorted chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, basil, and rosemary)
- 24 baby beets, trimmed, scrubbed
- 8 ounces baby arugula (about 12 cups)
Place lemon juice and vinegar in small bowl. Gradually whisk in 1/2 cup oil. Stir in cheese. Season with salt and pepper. DO AHEAD Dressing can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
Preheat over to 375°F. Heat remaining 1/3 cup olive oil in medium overproof skillet over medium heat. Add bread pieces; toss to coat. Add herbs and garlic; toss to coat. Sauté until bread is crisp, about 4 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer croutons to plate in single later. Cool.
Add beets to same skillet, tossing to coat with any remaining herbs and oil. Cover skillet with foil and transfer to oven. Roast until beets are tender, about 45 minutes. Cool beets. Peel, if desired; cut in half.
Toss arugula with 1/2 cup dressing in large wide bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with beets and croutons and serve.
Thirsty for More? If you have a question about this recipe, contact our Test Kitchen at [email protected] To see more recipes like this one, check out our Summer Salads Slideshow.