- 1/2 cup (packed) fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil plus additional for drizzling
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium cantaloupe or honeydew melon or 2 small Charentais melons, halved, peeled, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced Serrano ham or prosciutto
- 1/4 cup Marcona almonds,* coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Blanch basil leaves in small saucepan of boiling water until just wilted, about 10 seconds. Transfer blanched basil leaves to bowl of ice water to cool. Drain; using hands, squeeze out excess water. Puree basil leaves, 1/2 cup oil, lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon sea salt in blender until smooth. Set aside.
Divide melon among 4 large plates. Drizzle with basil oil. Arrange ham over melon. Sprinkle almonds and parsley over. Lightly drizzle additional extra-virgin olive oil over. Serve immediately.